[Baypiggies] Statistician/Analyst and Data Analysis Engineering opportunities the Apple iOS Team

Doug Durham ddurham at apple.com
Wed Dec 14 19:41:14 CET 2011

I'm Doug Durham the manager of the iOS Data Analysis team at Apple. I have two very interesting positions I'm looking to fill on my team. Both positions provide the opportunity to write Python code and to make a direct impact on the iOS platform. We are a well resourced and rapidly growing team. If you are interested in applying please submit your resume using the link provided above each job descriptions. Some of the strongest engineers I've ever hired have come out of this list, I hope to continue the trend.

Regards,

Doug Durham
ddurham at apple.com
Manager iOS Data Analysis

http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=81185&CurrentPage=31

Requisition Number	 7735981
Job title	 iOS Data Analyst/Statistician
Location	 Santa Clara Valley
Country
City
State
Job type
Job description

How are iOS devices used? How can they be improved? What kinds of problems do our users experience? These are the kinds of questions the iOS Data Analysis team answers. Are you interested in helping to inform the strategic direction of iOS? Are you a hands on analyst with deep statistical understanding and data handling skills? If so, we’d like to talk to you.

You will work across groups in iOS to understand data analysis needs. Using your deep knowledge of data extraction and manipulation tools you will produce reports and visualizations of critical hardware and software phenomena. With the knowledge accumulated you will create models and validate hypotheses on the uses of our software and devices.

Required Skills:

Advanced statistics, modeling, and machine learning knowledge.
Strong data visualization skills.
Substantial data analysis experience with Mac OS X or POSIX compliant systems working with large data sets.
Ability to learn new technologies and to quickly grasp complex problems.
Significant experience using relational databases, MySQL preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong scripting language skills in Python, Perl, or Ruby

Desired skills:

Experience working with Hadoop Map/Reduce
Experience using R or other statistics packages

-

http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=82789&CurrentPage=28

Requisition Number	 8039495
Job title	 iOS Data Analysis Engineer
Location	 Santa Clara Valley
Country
City
State
Job type
Job description

How are iOS devices used? How can they be improved? What kinds of
problems do our users experience? These are the kinds of questions
the iOS Data Analysis team answers. We are looking for a passionate
developer to help us build up and scale out our data processing
capabilities.

If you love to code and you find working with terabyte scale data sets
fascinating, we want to talk to you. With your experience in
processing large datasets you will work along side other engineers to
develop data processing pipelines capable of scaling with the growth
of iOS. You will be investigating and using cutting edge
software technologies to build a system that can evolve with the
changing needs of iOS engineering. Your work will have a direct
impact on the direction of iOS.

Requirements:

Substantial development experience with Mac OS X or POSIX compliant systems.
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies. Ability to quickly grasp complex problems
Significant experience designing and developing with relational databases, MySQL preferred
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Deep understanding of the tradeoffs and algorithms necessary to work with very large data sets.
Core software engineering skills (analysis, design, unit test, build, and packaging).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong scripting language skills in Python, Perl, or Ruby

Desired skills:

Experience using and implementing systems with Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies
Comfortable with Java development
Experience performing statistical analysis of large data sets using R, SAS or other packages