[Baypiggies] Ageism rehashed

Adam Hupp adam at hupp.org
Wed Feb 2 18:41:29 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:

>     However, I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant violation of ageism
> today. I had a phone screening with someone who, believe it or not, came
> from the BayPIGgies list. They asked me blatantly "When did you finish High
> School."

Have you been speaking to a recruiter at this company, or do you have
a contact in HR?  I think the best thing for you to do is let them
know what happened.   Most companies would be horrified to know this
happened and would appreciate hearing about it so they can re-educate
the offending interviewer.

--
Adam Hupp | http://hupp.org/adam/