[Baypiggies] Who wants to do a Newbie Nugget for Feb?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Feb 9 23:13:06 CET 2011

I've found that our audience changes enough that, even if it we did do
something like this last year, we have a whole new set of people who are
interested in a topic. I think what seems to work best is poll what people
want to hear, and find someone who will talk about that.

Also, as was pointed out, generators will be a good lead-in for mrjob. So,
of the people who are intending to go to the mrjob talk (I'd really like to,
but can't commit just yet due to time constraints), who would find a talk on
generators helpful?  If enough people would, I'm sure we can find a newbie
nugget presenter to yield to (pun intended :).

Any +1 or -1 on generators?

Cheers,

Glen

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Glen Jarvis did a nugget on generators last year,
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Jimmy Retzlaff <jimmy at retzlaff.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Jimmy Retzlaff will be doing a presentation on mrjob, but we don't
> >> have a Newbie Nugget.
> >>
> >> Who wants to do one for the February meeting?
> >
> > Has anyone done an intro to generators recently? My mrjob talk will be
> > using them, so it would tie in nicely. I'm happy to do it if there's
> > interest, or someone else can pick it up.
> >
> > Jimmy

Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter
least.

-- Goethe