[Baypiggies] Career Advice

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Feb 15 19:25:03 CET 2011

    seems like you're doing things right. keep doing.
get to know more python coders. take classes, teach
classes, join sprints (e.g. the PyPy sprint coming
up this March 5 and 6 at Noisebridge in SF) and join
hackerdojo, noisebridge, and superhappydev and other
such groups.
    as to open source projects, consider
http://openhatch.org/
which is a python-based open source project that
maps coders (and others) to needful projects.

    identify application areas you're interested in
and learn to use the available packages.
    be sure you know the tools for developing an app
from planning through coding and testing to build.
    Try to recall the questions you've been asked and
ensure you can answer them.