[Baypiggies] Wanted: developers at Egnyte

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Feb 16 18:19:04 CET 2011

Egnyte is a fast-growing hybrid cloud storage company. We have several
positions open for smart, flexible, and creative people to help us scale
up and polish our products. We're more interested in proven
problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies than
pedigree or precise skill-set; everyone works on multiple projects.

Not all positions are Python-centric, but several are, especially the
Desktop Developer position below. However, all positions do require at
least some Python.

Candidates should have expertise with at least one of the following, plus
at least some experience as a developer:

* Java (our core server technology)
* Python (CherryPy servers, client, random stuff)
* Desktop (Windows/Mac)
* Mobile (iOS/Android)
* Database (MySQL/Cassandra)
* JavaScript (jQuery/extJS)
* Storage (Mogile/S3)
* Security (encryption and DRM)

Desktop Developer (Mac/Windows)

You need to have experience building desktop applications on either Mac
or Windows and be comfortable with both Mac and Windows.

Other skills you need to have or learn:

* Python
* SQL
* HTML and JavaScript (jQuery)
* Linux

Feel free to ask me for more info, but send resumes to jobs at egnyte.com

http://www.egnyte.com/

Some telecommuting, mostly office

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong."  --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-03-01