[Baypiggies] VirtualEnv and Django question

Eric Walstad ewalstad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:53:21 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:
>  We'll still have to have a
> private "local_settings.py" for the developers to play in (as we can't have
> a different settings file for each of them).
Why not?

> I can't "activate" the same environment in the Apache
> configuration file (or I don't seem to be successful in doing so).
> ...We also have mod_python
An apache VH config similar to this works for me:

    <Location "/">
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
        SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE project_name.settings
        PythonPath
"sys.path+['/path/to/virtualenvs/venv_name/lib/python2.N/site-packages',
'/path/to/django_X_Y', '/path/to/django/project']"
    </Location>

hth,

Eric