[Baypiggies] Mac users using wxPython

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Jan 10 09:22:18 CET 2011

In article
<AANLkTikO_u93Y_gv8ER7hzUbd6db366nLDV9aD4D-QyF at mail.gmail.com>,
 Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com>
 wrote:
> I've just started using  a Mac w/OSX for the first time.
> Everything I've installed up until now installed without problems.
>
> While installing wxPython unicode for Python 2.7, and message was
> displayed that an error occurred during the postflight script,
> but nothing about the actual error.
>
> Where is the logfile located which might tell me what happened?

The standard OS X installer program makes the log available for the
current install: in the installer menu, check Window -> Installer Log.
After you've quit the installer, the log for that session may be saved
on disk, most likely as an install.log file in /var/log.  The OS X
Console.app, found in /Applications/Utilites, makes it easy to find and
examine log files.

> Have any other wxUsers had this problem on the Mac?

I'm not a wxPython user but one thing to watch out for is an
architecture mismatch.  I see the standard wxPython.org binaries are
built for 32-bit Pythons only.  So, if you are using a Python 2.7 from a
python.org installer, you should be using the 32-bit-only (10.3+)
installer variant and not the 64-bit/32-bit (10.6-only) variant.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org