[Baypiggies] A talk on testing frameworks

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sat Jan 15 22:49:33 CET 2011

I was having lunch with Luca today and we were talking about putting together a talk on testing. I, selfishly, want a talk to teach me things that I don't know. And, Luca is a testing engineer who works with many products and frameworks.

We want to brainstorm on the list to see what most people are interested in.

One idea is the "buzzwords" type talk where each framework is introduced and a high level "this is why it's more useful than another" is given. For example, twill, selenium, lettuce, nose, unit tests, etc.

Another idea is to pick a few and drill down on them showing how to write them. For example, how does one mock up things and what tools are in place.

What interest is there and what are people most curious about?

Warmest Regards,

Glen