[Baypiggies] PyCon Tutorials

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Jan 18 01:38:36 CET 2011

We also do a "brain dump" of the videos from PyCon for those of us who
didn't get to go. We organize it a month or so after Pycon is over. It's
something to keep in mind if you either didn't get to see a video at PyCon
because of a competing time, or if you didn't get a chance to go.

At the end of the day, the videos are always there online for us to watch.
However, it seems that we sometimes don't get around to it. Watching it as a
group kind of keeps the energy going.

http://www.meetup.com/SF-Post-PyCon-Videos/

Cheers,

Glen

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Nick Stinemates <nstinemates at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was considering going To PyCon but my wife has no interest and no
> one I know is going.
>
> If I were in your situation, I'd be looking at
>
> Python 101 / Hands on intermediate Python, whichever you feel is more
> applicable
> Python/Django workshop
> Documenting your project with Sphinx
> Packaging, Documenting, and Distributing your Python Codebase
>
> That covers all aspects of a project, except for testing. That's
> (sadly) missing.
>
> Nick
>

> On Tuesday, January 11, 2011, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
> <Web at stevepiercy.com> wrote:
> > I'm heading to PyCon, and I've looked over the list of tutorials and
> their descriptions.  I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to just a few.
> > http://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/tutorials/
> >
> > For an experienced web application programmer with basic python
> experience, which of the tutorials would be most recommended?
> >
> > Also is anyone on this list attending/presenting?  I recognized Wesley is
> presenting.
> >
> > --steve

> > Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> > <web at StevePiercy.com>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter
least.

-- Goethe