[Baypiggies] Study Python Concurrency

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Jan 27 04:40:20 CET 2011

Tomorrow night is BayPIGgies.. maybe before or after?  (Are you going
tomorrow night?)

Thursday, Jan 27, 2011

*7:30 pm:* General hubbub, inventory end-of-meeting announcements, any
first-minute announcements.

*7:35 - 8:40 pm: Technical Program*

*Topic: *

*Abstract:*Introduction to CouchDB

This talk introduces one 'NoSQL' solution, CouchDB, and how to get it to
play well with Python. Topics covered:
* Introduction to CouchDB
* A python ORM for CouchDB
* Parsing CouchDB documents within python
* Writing view functions in python
* Map/reduce on CouchDB from python
* Lessons learned from managing and distributing a live deployment at scale
under high load

*Speaker: Luke Gostlings
*
*Bio:*
Luke is a lead engineer at about.me (recently acquired by AOL). His prior
positions were in: network security research, online payments, and small
company stock offering markets. He has done contract work in the social and
on-demand media spaces. He likes to dabble in NoSQL technologies, computer
security, and financial markets. He has previously presented at CCCamp, San
Francisco Startup Weekend, and RSAConference.

http://about.me/luke

*Topic: Newbie Nugget: *Using zip() with Django

*Speaker:Vicky Tuite
*

*LINKS:*

**

*8:40 - 9 pm: **Mapping/Random Access*

Mapping is a rapid-fire audience announcement of topics the announcer is
interested in.

Random Access follows immediately to allow follow up individually on topics
of interest.
*

*

Cheers,