[Baypiggies] Reminder - Tonight: SF Python meet-up featuring Dev Tools for Django and Web2Py

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 21:15:35 CEST 2011

It was good.  web2py is a heck of a lot more impressive than I
thought.  It looks like Zope done right.  I'm a little worried about
the fact that they're willing to add so much stuff to the core while
at the same time promising backwards compatibility all the way back to
2007.  I wonder how it'll look in a few years.  The Disqus guys showed
a lot of awesome stuff, as usual.  You can probably find multiple
talks from them online.

-jj

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How did this go? Any recordings?
>
> -V
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Grace Law <gracelaw at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks
>> Just a reminder, RSVP closes at 12n.  Hope to see you tonight
>> Grace
>> On Jul 6, 2011, at 7:50 PM, Grace Law wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>> There is a python meet-up next Wed 7/13 hosted
>> by http://www.meetup.com/sfpython/ that I want to share with you -
>> http://www.meetup.com/sfpython/events/24721631/
>>
>> Our next meet-up features 2 outstanding speakers. We will look at tools
>> that speed up your development cycle in Django and other python
>> applications. We will also learn more about Web2Py, a MVC based framework
>> that focuses on rapid development and favors convention over configuration
>> approach. Recruiters, please sit this one out.
>>
>> Yelp has graciously agree to host this event but their building security
>> is very straight. Please fill out the FORM below AND BRING your PHOTO ID to
>> ensure assess to the event. :
>> http://tinyurl.com/sfpython7-13
>>

>> Agenda for 7/13 at Yelp in San Francisco
>>
>> 6:30p - Check-in and mingle, enjoy Food and Beer compliments of Yelp
>>
>> 7.10p - Welcome
>>
>> 7.15p - Intro to Web2Py (Massimo DiPierro)
>>
>> 7.45p - Announcements / break
>>
>> 8.00p - Tools to speed up dev cycles in Django and other framework (David
>> Crammer)
>>
>> 8.45p - Q & A, more networking ...
>>
>> 9:30p - Door close and moving the party else where
>>

>> Talks:
>>
>> 1. Massimo DiPierro, Lead developer of Web2Py and Author of "The Official
>> Web2Py Book" is in town from Chicago and has agreed to visit SFpython and
>> tell us more about his framework and answer any questions you may have. When
>> he is not working on Web2Py, he teaches CS at DePaul University and does
>> research on High Performance and Scientific Computing, Computer Security,
>> and Numerical Algorithms for Scientific and Financial applications.
>>
>> 2. David Crammer recently spoke at PyCon and Euro PyCon and wow the
>> community by revealing the wisdom gained from working at Disqus - world's
>> largest Django site handling 500 million users and 25,000 requests a second
>> at peak and growing exponentially. In this talk, he is going to tell us
>> about tools that help debugging and developing your Django application
>> faster and easier. Non-Django users will find this talk interesting too as
>> David will also cover things that can be used in any Python application,
>> including:
>>
>> - Building a more efficient developer environment
>>
>> - Interactive debugging
>>
>> - Error logging
>>
>> - Profiling your code
>>
>> Due to the 2 scheduled talks, we will not have lightning talks at this
>> meeting. As usual, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
>>
>> Please RSVP here for meetup location and details:
>> http://www.meetup.com/sfpython/events/24721631/

> [...]

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things
with great love. -- Mother Teresa