[Baypiggies] job at weotta

Jacob Perkins japerk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:35:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

http://www.weotta.com, which just launched at TechCrunch Disrupt NY, is
looking for some experienced Python developers to be our first key
engineering hires. You'll work closely with me and the rest of the founding
team (http://www.weotta.com/about/) to make Weotta even more more awesome :)

We're currently based in Los Gatos, but will be moving to San Francisco once
our funding round closes. There's two main areas of focus, and we're looking
for strong technical devs that can quickly dive in to at least one of these:

* frontend web app development with Django & jQuery
* backend NLP with NLTK

We also use the following tech, so it's ideal if you're familiar with some
of these already:

* Mercurial
* pip & virtualenv
* Fabric
* South & MySQL
* Nginx
* EC2 deployment
* MongoDB
* Redis
* Facebook API

If you'd like to learn more about Weotta, check out our press page
http://www.weotta.com/press/. And to get in and try it, you can signup using
your facebook account at http://www.weotta.com/s/4QEuIgWS/. If you like the
product and want to make it better and expand our coverage, please reply
with some links about you and work you've done, ideally open source projects
you've created or contributed to. You can also contact me at
https://github.com/japerk/ and http://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobperkins.

Jacob
---
http://www.weotta.com/