[Baypiggies] Ye Ol' Cheeseshop Question...

Heikki Toivonen hjtoi at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 05:07:57 CET 2011

Glen Jarvis wrote:
> I am trying to automate the installing a new virtual environment with
> 132 different packages on a regular basis. Instead of installing from
> PyPi every time, I want to install from installed packages previously
> downloaded. For example, this package has been used in this environment:

So assuming you have downloaded all of the packages you need, you can
put them in either a local directory or behind a webserver that provides
a simple directory listing, then tell easy_install (sorry, haven't used
pip but it might have similar options) the path to the package.
Additionally/alternatively, you should use --allow-hosts to point only
to your host and --find-links to give the URL from which to get
dependencies.

--
  Heikki Toivonen - http://heikkitoivonen.net