[Baypiggies] Python web question

David Berthelot david.berthelot at gmail.com
Thu May 5 03:41:09 CEST 2011

Thanks for the quick responses.
Mako seems to be something that could work for me.

Talking about the suggestion of looking into Web Frameworks, I used
Drupal so far but I am not satisfied with the performance and the
overhead of the data structure (even with memcache etc...), so I'm
basically planning to rewrite my website from scratch in a lightweight
way (from SQL point of view in particular, but also memcache etc...).

I don't know enough details about other frameworks but my concerns,
acquired with Drupal, are they might try to satisfy a wide audience
and often at the expense of tight SQL queries. One more concern is the
learning curve, took me one month to understand Drupal, it's a lot of
time and yet there are still a lot of grey areas for me.

So if there's a framework that's compact and fast I would be tempted
to get a look into it, but time is short, I really only have 2 weeks
to rewrite entirely my website which, by the way, is:
http://codercharts.com

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks again for the pointers ;)

--
David