[Baypiggies] Looking for beta testers for Django Platform as a Service

Jeff Fischer jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com
Fri May 13 23:46:36 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,
 As I mentioned at the last meeting, I'm looking for people to help beta
test my company's Django Platform as a Service (cloud hosting platform).
We'd love to have your feedback on what you think of our service and what
features you would like to see. If you are interested, please send me an
email or sign up via our website at http://www.genforma.com.

 It seems like there is a lot of interest these days in platform as a
service, so here's what is unique about what we are doing:

   - The underlying platform, Engage, will be released (in June) as open
   source software. You can use it to deploy on your own servers and extend it
   for your specific needs. We have some of our software up today at github:
   http://github.com/genforma. Engage is like a integrated combination of
   Puppet + Fabric + Apt and is written in Python.
   - We support automation of your dev-test-production workflow through an
   application packaging tool and atomic upgrades (including schema
   migrations).
   - Each application instance is deployed in its own Virtual Private
   Server(s). This makes it easy for us to support standard application
   components without having to modify them to work in a multi-tenancy mode.
   You also get more options in what you can install (today, any code that can
   be installed via pip).
   - We'll have support for many standard components including databases
   (MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLLite), no-sql data stores (Redis, MongoDB),
   caches (memcached or varnish), and applications (Django-CMS and Satchmo). We
   plan to support other application frameworks in the future as well (e.g.
   Pyramid and Flask).

I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone interested in testing our stuff
and giving feedback.

Thanks!
 - Jeff Fischer