[Baypiggies] Python presentation for Perl audience

Dirk Bergstrom dirk at otisbean.com
Wed Sep 21 00:51:42 CEST 2011

On 09/20/2011 03:30 PM, Rajanikanth Jammalamadaka wrote:
> I am planning to give a presentation on Python. The audience mostly
> use and love Perl. Could somebody suggest a good list of topics that
> I should cover.

Hmmm, did you want useful answers or snarky ones?

Some googling leads to:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PerlPhrasebook

http://everythingsysadmin.com/perl2python.html

http://markbieda.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/python-for-perl-programmers-and-bioinformatics-people/

Personally I'd tell them repeatedly how useful interactive python (the
REPL) is.  It's a huge time saver when you're trying to figure out how
to get pretty much anything done.  Make sure to tell them about ipython
-- the tab completion is a monumental improvement in utility.

--
Dirk Bergstrom
dirk at otisbean.com
http://otisbean.com/