[Baypiggies] Python is not immune to WTF

Hy Carrinski hcarrinski at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 19:08:37 CEST 2011

Simeon et al.,

Thank you for a post whose comments contain a link for goto for Python:
http://entrian.com/goto/

I like the way Python allows wtf but only after making you work hard or set
an intention to not-think.

Hy

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:36 AM, Simeon Franklin <simeonf at gmail.com> wrote:

I thought I'd make up a new drinking game for Baypiggies like:

1. Feast your eyes upon the code snippet at
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Python-Charmer.aspx
2. Take a shot of your beverage of choice every time you see the zen of
python violated

but on second thought this could well prove fatal. I don't know if anybody
else reads the daily WTF but today's article is proof you can write ugly
code in any language! I hope you find it as amusing as I did.

-regards
Simeon Franklin

ps - I've perpetrated some atrocities in various programming languages
myself (hopefully not quite so bad as this one) so I also related to Luke
Plant's recent "Prayer to the programming gods".
http://lukeplant.me.uk/blog/posts/a-prayer-to-the-programming-gods/