[Baypiggies] HTML to printable file

Pedro Kroger kroger at pedrokroger.net
Sun Apr 1 21:03:58 CEST 2012

Hi Tony,

I think wget and Print Friendly are great suggestions.

I'd add htmldoc [1] and lxml [2], depending on what you want. htmldoc is a nice tool (gui and command line) to generate pdfs from html and you can use lxml to easily extract the content and remove cruft.

For instance, I don't quite like the way printfriendly manage images for the Bus Blaster project:

http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Blaster

http://www.printfriendly.com/print/v2?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdangerousprototypes.com%2Fdocs%2FBus_Blaster

For this kind of thing I'd use lxml to extract only the content and remove the things I don't want such as table of contents:

https://gist.github.com/2277731

[1] http://www.htmldoc.org/
[2] http://lxml.de/

Cheers,