[Baypiggies] Windows service, Multiple instances

Max Slimmer max at theslimmers.net
Fri Aug 10 20:31:04 CEST 2012

I have a windows service that I would like to install multiple
instances of on a single machine. Is there a way to change the service
name/description without changing it in the source.
I use py2exe to build the self installing module, following is the
wrapper code which currently defines the name:

class TCLAgentSvc(win32serviceutil.ServiceFramework):
	_svc_name_ = 'TimeCardAgent'
	_svc_display_name_ ='TCL Agent Service'
	def __init__(self, args):
		win32serviceutil.ServiceFramework.__init__(self, args)
		self.hWaitStop = win32event.CreateEvent(None, 0, 0, None)

	def SvcStop(self):
		self.ReportServiceStatus(win32service.SERVICE_STOP_PENDING)
		sys.stopservice = "true"
		win32event.SetEvent(self.hWaitStop)

	def SvcDoRun(self):
		#runAsService()