[Baypiggies] Bitcasa is hiring

David Lawrence david at bitcasa.com
Fri Feb 24 19:39:17 CET 2012

Hello fellow Pythonistas,

My name is David Lawrence and I'm the Web Lead at Bitcasa, a Cloud Storage startup based right on Castro Street in Mountain View.  We're about 6 months old and very well funded.  We need a couple more Python developers to help build both customer facing and internal products and tools.  If you apply, you would be expected to wear a lot of hats, we're not looking for just a "back-end" developer.

If you're interested, you can email me directly at david at bitcasa.com

All the best,

David Lawrence

From our official job posting:

Job Description:

Building analytics and reporting tools, working with designers to build and maintain customer facing web sites including our blog, building scalabale web access to user data. We are building tomorrow's storage technology. Applicants must be able to assimilate new information at speed, work and solve problems independently, prioritize time well and work as part of a team to bring together their part of a larger project. You will have the opportunity to work on a large number of challenging problems using a wide range of tools.
Responsibilities:

Working with the rest of the web team and ops to design and implement scalable solutions.
Adding new functionality to our web based file access portal
Building and maintaining customer facing areas of website
Designing and building analytics and reporting tools
Qualifications:

Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent (3+ years) experience in industry
Excellent knowledge of Python - Django and Pyramid/Pylons experience a bonus
Familiarity with PHP and/or Java a bonus
Experience of interfacing with 3rd party APIs - Facebook, Twitter - experience building APIs desirable
Good understanding of HCI
Familiarity with industry standard encryption and security is desirable
Good knowledge of OOP design principles and how to implement them in Python is critical