[Baypiggies] Dreamworks Animation is looking for a Python Engineer to joint the Render Farm Resource team, , ,

Tim Norman tim.norman at dreamworks.com
Wed Jan 4 18:54:44 CET 2012

Hello, all.  Happy New Year!

Dreamworks Animation is looking for a Python Engineer for its Redwood City
animation studio to join its  Render Farm Resource team.

The R&D Farm Resource Management group is responsible for designing and
implementing software used in the production pipeline to create animated
feature films. We write software to define process dependency graphs,
submit those graphs to the studio's supercompute render farm, and monitor
and report on the farm.

As a software engineer on the farm resource management team, you will:
• Design, develop, test, and support software used to set up, submit, and
manage jobs on
           DreamWorks' supercompute render farm
 • Help allocate and monitor the distribution of render resources across
productions and teams
• Work closely with production and other technology groups to maximize our
compute resources

Your software development experience must include:
• Extensive scripting in Python
• Programming in C++
 • Object oriented experience
• SQL (Oracle) and relational database concepts
 • Large software systems
• UNIX/Linux working environment

We also prefer experience with:
 • Web standard protocols and applications (such as javascript, html,
Apache, XML)
• Reporting and data warehousing
 • Condor or other DRM systems such as LSF, Grid or Qube
• Java and/or services
 • AMQP messaging
If you are interested in discussing further, please email me your resume to
tim.norman at dreamworks.com.

Thanks and take care.

Tim-

Tim Norman