[Baypiggies] This seemed appropriate after our discussion of Pythonic and Un-pythonic last month

Simeon Franklin simeonf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:33:36 CET 2012

http://python-for-humans.heroku.com/#1

Has anyone else read through this? The basic premise is that much of
stdlib and supporting tools (installers, packaging, etc) is
un-pythonic.

The author wrote the Requests package and having used it I am tempted
to agree with regard to urllib/urllib2. I haven't yet used his
replacement packate but have experienced pain with subprocess. I don't
think I agree about etree being horrid - did anybody more experienced
have contrary thoughts?

-regards
Simeon Franklin