[Baypiggies] Who's speaking (two days from now)?

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:49:04 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry if I missed this in email (I'm looking at BayPIGgies.net). Does
> anyone know who is speaking this week and what the subject will be?

I am.  Here are the details:

Speaker: Shannon -jj Behrens

Talk: Dart

Abstract:

Dart is a new class-based programming language for creating structured web
applications. Developed with the goals of simplicity, efficiency, and
scalability, the Dart language combines powerful new language features with
familiar language constructs into a clear, readable syntax.  Why is
Dart significant?
 Because Google has a fork of WebKit with the Dart VM integrated into the
browser!

Bio:

JJ is a developer advocate for YouTube APIs. His goal is to foster a rich
set of third-party applications built on YouTube APIs. He's a well-known
member of the Python community. He blogs atjjinux.blogspot.com on topics
such as Python, Ruby, Linux, open source software, the Web, and
lesser-known programming languages.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with
great love. -- Mother Teresa