[Baypiggies] Open PyData hack night in Santa Clara, tomorrow Friday March 2nd, please come by!

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:14:43 CET 2012

Hi all,

as part of the pydata event:

http://pydataworkshop.eventbrite.com/

we've been able to secure a space for an open-to-all 'Hack Night'.
Please join us!

We'll be hacking on matplotlib, ipython, pandas, numpy and more.  If
you are interested in stopping by, there is space for 200, many more
than the number of attendees at pydata.  The hack night info is here:

http://python-data-hack-night.eventbrite.com/

Here is the description from the event:

The Python Data Workshop just got bigger!  We are thrilled to announce
that Ground Floor Silicon Valley is generously opening up their
coworking space and hosting a Friday night Python Data Hack Night for
all attendees of the Workshop and any others who want to geek out on
Python, data analysis, and scientific computing!  Spend a fun evening
eating, drinking, coding, and talking shop with the instructors and
participants of the Workshop.  This includes the authors of Numpy,
Scipy, IPython, Matplotlib, PyTables, Pandas, and many other great
Python packages.

Ground Floor has room for up to 200 folks, so if you are on the wait
list for the full Workshop, this is your chance to participate in the
workshop!  We are making tickets available to all those who registered
for the Python Data Workshop (attendees and wait list), before
publicizing the event more widely, so sign up now!

The event runs from 6pm until Midnight.
We are looking for sponsors to cover food and drinks, but we do expect
to have those there.
For sponsorship details, contact lynnbender at geekaustin.org

Ground Floor SV
2030 Duane Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Friday, March 2, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 11:55 PM (PT)

Cheers,