[Baypiggies] What am I missing using a text editor with some good Python features instead of an IDE?

Nathan Pease n8pease at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:49:40 CET 2012

no one's mentioned Komodo. I rely on it for remote debugging. (of course I'm in the realm of IDE features rather than text editor features but the conversation has swung that way somewhat). Other folks in the office use Eclipse for remote debugging too but I've never bothered to get familiar with it.
I wouldn't be able to work without at least a local debugger (or at least I wouldn't like it). And we embed python interpreters in apps we develop (I <3 SWIG) so the ability to remote debug is pretty crucial too.

nate