[Baypiggies] Python developers needed in Santa Barbara

Bradley Bennett bb at bgbennett.com
Thu Mar 15 09:16:40 CET 2012

Sadly there really aren't any Python user communities between the Bay Area and Los Angeles, so here in Santa Barbara we have to resort to reaching out to our big brothers to the North and South to find much in the way of a Python user base.

So please forgive me for reaching a little farther outside your preferred job listing region, but hopefully you can see our problem and give me just a little slack.  My hope is that someone is ready to get away from the big city and consider an opportunity for a job like this in Santa Barbara.  Description below.  Please contact careers at receipt.com

Thank you for your consideration and your help in finding us talent is greatly appreciated,

Brad Bennett

Bradley Bennett    |  VP Product Development

SmartReceipt
55 Castilian Drive
Santa Barbara, CA  93117
Office: (805) 617-2184
Mobile: (805) 689-3218

http://receipt.com

Job Description

SmartReceipt, a Santa Barbara-based fast growth software company, is looking for several bright software developers. We are looking for full time employees. In the following positions, you will be working closely with an experienced and dynamic team of people to build scalable web applications using cutting edge technologies. You will be working with a full stack of systems built on Linux OS and including Python/Django, Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Nginx and Chef to name a few.  We are also begining work on distributed database technologies for massively scaling our transaction handling.  There are also opportunities for Python developers to work on client applications that run on the PC as well as embedded processor systems.

Key Requirements:
Experience in standards-based, open-source technologies
Experience working with the full stack of Linux and open source based web services architecture technologies
Experience building scalable database driven web applications and/or experience building scalable transaction processing systems
Working knowledge of regular expressions a plus
5+ years overall experience, 2 years with Python

 Key Characteristics:
 Hands-on team player who can dive-in while building a team
 Strong leadership abilities and superior communication skills
 Innovative thinker able to develop a long term vision and execute vision to support SmartReceipt's business objectives
 Highly motivated and self-directed, with proven ability at setting and meeting objectives and deadlines
 Balance casual work environment with executive presence

Education:

 BS Engineering, Computer Science, IT or similar preferred

Send resume to careers at receipt.com