[Baypiggies] Senior Python / Web developer job at Flipboard in Palo Alto

David Creemer david at zachary.com
Tue May 8 22:29:53 CEST 2012

Hi All-

I manage the server engineering team at Flipboard and we have an opening for a senior developer. We're looking for someone with solid top-to-bottom web engineering experience (preferably in Python of course) to lead the development of significant new applications. Please contact jobs at flipboard.com if you're interested (and mention BayPIGgies), or just get in touch with me at work (dcreemer at flipboard.com).

Thanks,
-- David

See http://flipboard.com for more information about us. Here's the "formal" job posting:

Web Developer Engineer (Full Stack)

Responsibilities:
Delivering web applications that face our publishers and advertising partners.
The ideal candidate can do everything from designing and understanding schemas, databases and caches to building interactive web applications.
Working independently in designing and implementing sophisticated and elegant web applications,
Translating business requirements into working systems.

Ideal skills, experience and qualities:
Excellent working knowledge of one or more web application frameworks
Solid browser-based development (JavaScript, HTML, CSS) experience.
5+ years professional software development experience
Solid SQL database experience
Interest in learning and adopting new tools and techniques
Why Join Flipboard?

• Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, and Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omniventure to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
• CEO, Mike McCue is a successful entrepreneur founding companies such as Paper Software (acquired by Netscape) and Tellme Networks (acquired by Microsoft), all delivering high-level valuations.
• Exciting and collaborative team working with a strong purpose and vision. Mockup Monday lunches held each week serve as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
• Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of Apple computers, screens, iPad’s, and peripherals along with Bose Active Noise Canceling Headsets!
• Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
• Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits (details below)

Benefits & perks
• 401(k) with company contribution
• Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
• Paid time off- holidays, vacation, and sick leave- if you're sick, stay home
• Flexible hours
• Subsidized gym and commuter programs
• Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
• Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies - you name it, we celebrate it.
• Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
• Lots of snacks (healthy and otherwise)