[Baypiggies] Any urwid users?

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Nov 15 21:18:45 CET 2012

Keith> Hello baypiggies, Just curious, do any of you, or have any of
Keith> you, used the urwid console UI toolkit?

Keith> I've started using it. The results can look pretty nice, but I
Keith> found it to be a hair-pulling exercise to get everything working
Keith> right.

I have not used it as a coder.  I have seen it in action in the curses
interface to wicd, the simple network manager.  It was pretty
disappointing actually, both standing on its own (multiple widgets
broken, some in dangerously subtle ways) and compared to the gtk
interface.  This may be a consequence of the hair-pulling.

I would definitely look for an alternative first.

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD