[Baypiggies] Fwd: MoinMoin developers visiting

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Oct 5 02:34:13 CEST 2012

Hi Jeff,

> I just deployed moinmoin
> and did a quick integration with Django.

> I liked how simple it was to deploy

Hehe, ok, then you are obviously experienced with Python.

Some people who aren't find it rather uneasy sometimes (esp. on some
hostings that are not really having good python support).

> but felt customization was a bit difficult.

Yeah, this is known, moin1 was rather meant to be run separately and
customizing the theme was not quite a strength of it (although doable,
esp. for Pythonistas).

> Would love to sit down with moinmoin2 and see how things have changed.

OK, see you at the meeting. :)

We like feedback and contributions, esp. when it comes to theme / UI /
UX stuff (as we do not have many people in the team working on that).

Cheers, Thomas