[Baypiggies] Haskell Interest Group

Bryce Verdier bryceverdier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:47:07 CEST 2012

On 10/11/12 9:29 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>> I just found out there's a Haskell interest group, and its next
>> meeting is at my office in SF (though I didn't have anything to do
>> with this): https://sites.google.com/site/bayareahaskell/
> PS. If you plan to go, please RSVP to satnam at google.com so he can plan
> the food accordingly.

here is a copy of the text about Wednesday's talk:

Hello, fellow Haskell enthusiasts,

This month we have quite a treat, with Edward Kmett making a talk about
Lenses and Traversals. This is a very important topic, and our last
month's guest Russell O'Connor strongly urged everybody to come and
listen to this talk. There is suggested reading for the talk: "The
Essence of the Iterator Patttern"
<http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/jeremy.gibbons/publications/iterator.pdf> paper
by Jeremy Gibbons and Bruno C. d. S. Oliveira, please take a look at it
if you have a chance.

Our venue this time is Google office in San Francisco SoMa:

345 Spear Str, San Francisco

Contact phone (mine): 650-762-6644 <tel:650-762-6644>.
Host: Satnam Singh, satnam at raintown.org <mailto:satnam at raintown.org>,
cell: 408 656 4590 <tel:408%20656%204590>. Please contact Satnam if you
have questions about the venue or need help with the venue.

Please arrive a little bit earlier, so that we could start at 7pm. Also
if you arrive around 6:30pm, you can get some dinner at

We may try to set up the video feed through Google Hangout (hangout link
<http://goo.gl/19Fkz>, also available through our calendar
<http://goo.gl/EWDUt>), however please don't rely on it and try to visit
the meeting in person if possible. If you are going to be joining the
hangout, please mute your microphone before you join.

Some people will be going from the South Bay and East Bay to the meeting
and back, so there's a possibility of carpooling. Also, it's very easy
to get to the venue from the 4th & King Caltrain Station: check Google
Maps for directions, it's also not a very long walk from Caltrain.
Please send me a message if you need help figuring out transportation.
If you are driving and can take some people with you, please send a
message to the bahaskell at googlegroups.com

Please retweet/post to reddit/forward this email to those who may be
interested in attending. If you plan to attend and you're not yet
subscribed, please subscribe to BAHaskell Google Group to follow all the
discussions related to this meeting (if you have troubles with the
captcha while joining, please send me a direct email).

Cheers,
Ivan

Bryce