[Baypiggies] Novice Programmer Asking For Assistance

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Oct 24 05:08:21 CEST 2012

I've had really good luck with MacPorts (I keep it clean and updated -- a very good habit).

But, what FUD does it get? Also, I've never had a reason to use HomeBrew -- what's its selling points?

My macports are very clean and my /opt/local looks like a mini Linux file system. Can I use a new path for HomeBrew and use them in conjunction (i.e. is it relocatable)? What benefits would it give me over MacPorts?