[Baypiggies] Need help root causing exception http.client.BadStatusLine

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Oct 29 02:44:38 CET 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012, Shubhra Sharma wrote:

> Thanks for responding. I'm not sending an Expect Header and I'm using
> Apache-Coyote/1.1

You missed my point -- I'm not talking about the server stack, I'm
talking about the HTTP protocol version.  HTTP/1.1 allows reusable
connections, and I've seen some oddball errors that are fixed by
switching to HTTP/1.0.  Similarly, if you're doing a POST, check to see
whether your client library is setting

Expect: 100-continue

(libcurl/pycurl has that problem in some versions -- you may need to log
full headers server-side to diagnose.)

Finally, is there any proxy between Tomcat and the incoming socket?

"We've just found a line in a perl script that invokes a shell script to call
a lisp program which invokes the very-same perl script."  --anonymous