[Baypiggies] Why I went from Python to Go (and not node.js)

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sat Sep 22 22:46:25 CEST 2012

David> That's a very interesting post.  If I understand well, the author
David> of the post wanted something like gevent combined with
David> multiprocessor, and all that without monkey patching, so
David> basically have this natively part of the language.

He writes he just wanted to send an email in the background.  In
this situation, spawning an external process seems to be the fitting
solution, since there'll be an extra process (sendmail) anyway even if
you do the python part in a thread.

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD