[Baypiggies] Django 1.5 Pycon Follow-up

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Sep 30 21:01:33 CEST 2012

At Pycon, a big announcement was made that Django 1.5 should be released in
the fall and that it is targeted to run on Python 3. There were certain
disclaimers that this was the goal and no guarantees that we make it.

The fall is here and I'm reviewing a project specification. I saw that
tornado runs on Django 3.2 and I was wondering if Django was also close to
meeting that goal. Does anyone have a skinny on this? (I'm not on any
Django lists to ask there).

Cheers,

Glen
--

"Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life as a dog does his
master's chase. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it,

--Henry David Thoreau