[Baypiggies] Python Standardized Skill Scoring Chart

Dan Roberts ademan555 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 20:45:04 CEST 2013

I feel like this scale compresses the entire range of what I would consider
"effective Python developer" into 8 and 9. I think 8 should become 5 or 6.
I'm not sure what other concepts to test in the range would be though.

Other important competencies and factoids in no particular order are:

* Know what PEP8 says, especially when not to use PEP8
* Being able to recite the Zen of Python while standing on your head
* Exception handling
* Understanding lexical closures in Python
* Able to resist the temptation of deeply nested list comprehensions :-)
* itertools
* Possibly functools
* Context Managers (concept and implementation)
* Knows setuptools and distribute
* Published on PyPi
* NumPy, Twisted, Django and/or other common modules used in real world
projects are good indicators of "have shipped something".

Dumping a bunch of thoughts might not be that useful to the discussion, but
here it is anyways!

Cheers,
Dan