[Baypiggies] Django: Either Subcontract or contract work

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sat Aug 17 18:51:58 CEST 2013

I have been an employee or contracting through my business (Glen Jarvis, LLC) for some time now. And, there are times that I have both on my plate (like now). (Contracts are never steady).

I often take contracts for individuals who want to get a project done but who don't have large sources of funds. It's usually that they have a dream to build a new product and need help getting started in that project.

I'm am getting behind in two of those projects. I could use some help in catching the work up. Or, I could give the contracts away completely (if the customers and you can build a relationship of trust).

This isn't about the money. It's about genuinely helping people.

This may be the type of situation where someone who wants to do more Django work (or learn how to do Django work) wants to help but doesn't know how to get started. This is not enough money to survive on -- it won't replace your job. But, it's also such standard Django work it's easy to learn and can bore developers who do this daily.

But, it may be a way to give you experience in an area that will eventually give you a job. Also, I am behind on certain projects -- so, if we work well together, I may contract out other small internal projects for my business.

I work a normal day job, so my interaction with you will need to be after hours.

If you are interested, please contact me off list. I am writing now because two customers have had to wait a week for anything (one of them has had to wait an entire month and I still can't help him). I just don't have the capacity to handle it all alone at the moment.

Cheers,

Glen