[Baypiggies] pypi help?

William Deegan bdbaddog at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 20:06:34 CEST 2013

Greetings,

This is bit off topic..
I've taken over management (with another developer) of the SCons python based project.
We're trying to push some new packages up to pypi but run into permissions issue.

I've posted to the distutils mailing list, pypi and distutils bug trackers, but have received zero response.

Does anyone know anyone who maintains pypi who could give me a hand?
Or have any suggestions?

Here's the output I'm getting:

$python setup.py --verbose  sdist upload --show-response
Creating tar archive
removing 'scons-2.3.0' (and everything under it)
running upload
Using PyPI login from /Users/bdbaddog/.pypirc
Submitting dist/scons-2.3.0.tar.gz to http://pypi.python.org/pypi
Upload failed (403): You are not allowed to edit 'scons' package information

The previous owner added the following roles to myself and the other developer:
Owner
Maintainer

Any help is welcome.
I've been trying to resolve this since the beginning of the month.

-Bill