[Baypiggies] Need help installing pip and other Python packages on Debian Wheezy

Mark Voorhies mvoorhie at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 00:59:58 CET 2013

python-pip in wheezy and sid depends on python-all, which depends on both
python2.6 and python2.7, so I think any apt-based install vs. the official
repositories will pull in both.  The python ecosystem in Debian is a pretty
complex symlink farm, so I wouldn't try to hack it directly.  For things like
the scientific python stack on Debian/Ubuntu, I install from upstream source
to ~/.local/ via the --user flag to setup.py -- is this an option with pip?

--Mark

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python-pip
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/python-pip