[Baypiggies] Need help installing pip and other Python packages on Debian Wheezy

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Wed Feb 27 05:07:55 CET 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:36:36 -0800
Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com> wrote:

Tony> I'm trying to install pip on a Raspberry Pi.  I don't want to
Tony> install anything that requires any version of Python other than
Tony> 2.7.  What is the best way to get apt-get to install pip with a
Tony> version compatible with 2.7, and ignore any packages that require
Tony> Python versions than 2.7?

No action on this bug, so what you're asking is probably impossible just
using official Debian packages.  Mark's suggestion looks like it should
work.