[Baypiggies] Is pexpect supported in python3.x yet?

Shubhra Sharma sharma.shubhra07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 02:00:20 CET 2013

Hi All,

I have 2 questions about pexpect support for python3.x.:

   - Is it officially supported yet? If yes, is there a macport for it.
   port search only shows upto 2.4. Please see below.

nintendo 3ds:site-packages ssharma$ sudo port search pexpect
Password:
py-pexpect @2.4 (python)
    python module for better controlling other applications

py24-pexpect @2.4 (python)
    python module for better controlling other applications

py25-pexpect @2.4 (python)
    python module for better controlling other applications

py26-pexpect @2.4 (python)
    python module for better controlling other applications

py27-pexpect @2.4 (python)
    python module for better controlling other applications

   - What is pexpect_u-2.5.1-py3.2.egg for? I downloaded it from
   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pexpect-u and put it under site-packages
   which caused python to crash. I removed it and python is running fine now.

Thanks,

Shubhra