[Baypiggies] Two Communities / One Vision

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Jan 27 20:52:00 CET 2013

There are two communities that have been coming together:

* The Bay Area Python Interest Group (BayPIGgies; http://baypiggies.net/)
* The Silicon Valley Python Meetup (
http://www.meetup.com/silicon-valley-python/)

Although these two communities are distinct and separate, we come together
often to pool resources. If you are a member of one, you may also be
interested in being a member of the other.

BayPIGgies is a fixed formula that has been meeting regular for longer than
I have a memory. They have a very stable community and fixed formula for
when to meet and where.

The Silicon Valley Python Meetup has many more types of MeetUps and
individuals are empowered to create their own without having an organizer
involved. For example, "HackerX (Python) Developer Ticket" was recently put
on the calendar, space was found, and the MeetUp happened completely
without the organizer's involvement.

Tony is the BayPIGgies organizer. Glen is the MeetUp organizer. We often
cross-promote our groups so that the community is informed of all the
Python goodness around them.

Cheers,

Glen
--

"Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life as a dog does his
master's chase. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it,

--Henry David Thoreau