[Baypiggies] South Bay Python Hack Night

Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder Web at StevePiercy.com
Mon Jul 1 00:55:12 CEST 2013

[Please forward to interested parties]

Dear BayPiggies,

At the close of Thursday night's meeting, I volunteered to
solicit feedback from the BayPiggies list and other Python user
groups for holding a monthly Python Hack Night in the South Bay Area.

To start coordinating the event, I'd first like to measure
interest.  Please visit the following Google Form to provide
your feedback.

http://bit.ly/southbaypythonhack

If you don't see your topic in the list, you can either fill out
the form with your response or email me directly at
web at stevepiercy.com and I'll add it.

If there is sufficient interest for the event, then I'll work on
scheduling it.  I would be sensitive to other meetings of
PyLadiesSF South Bay, BayPiggies, and SFPython, and avoid
scheduling conflicts as much as practical.

We currently have a space generously hosted and sponsored by
LinkedIn, although I would entertain offers from other sponsors
to host elsewhere.

FYI, I attended the SF Python Hack Night on Monday night, and it
was an amazing 3-hour event with 141 attendees.  Skill levels
ranged from total newbie to seasoned developer.  Interests
included installation, testing, automation, Django, Numpy/Scipy,
pandas, and a few others I probably missed.  Some folks huddled
around tables, others broke out into conference rooms with white
boards.  Food and beverage was provided by the sponsoring host,
AdRoll HQ, to fuel us.
http://www.meetup.com/sfpython/events/124496852/

PyLadiesSF South Bay has also been holding meetups.
http://www.meetup.com/PyLadiesSF/

Also see the Silicon Valley Python Meetup.
http://www.meetup.com/silicon-valley-python/

--steve

-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
Soquel, CA
<web at StevePiercy.com>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>