[Baypiggies] Let me kick off the discussions

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Jun 4 20:16:49 CEST 2013

There was a PyCon talk about this:

https://us.pycon.org/2013/schedule/presentation/63/

Kivy: Building GUI and Mobile apps with Python
Thomas Hansen, Mathieu Virbel

Here's' the PyVideo link:

http://pyvideo.org/video/1701/kivy-building-gui-and-mobile-apps-with-python

Cheers,

Glen

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM, John Wegis <jwegis at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 python on mobile and Kivy framework
>

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Jacob Alheid <shakefu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in high performance scalability in python web apps. Topics
>> like "gotchas and best practices with gevent", "the python 3 futures
>> framework", "comparison between twisted, tornado, and futures", "python
>> c-extension basics", and so forth sound pretty interesting to me.
>>
>> I'm also interested in python on mobile, so I'd love to hear about the
>> Kivy framework and any others that may be out there.
>>

>> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "accounting principles in garbage collectors of the Java VM and the .NET
>>> runtime and how they affect Jython and IronPython"
>>>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> That actually sounds rather interesting...   :)
>>>
>>> Good call!!!!!

"Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life as a dog does his
master's chase. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it,
unearth it, and gnaw it still."

--Henry David Thoreau