[Baypiggies] Job Opening: Cloud Analytics Architect/Lead @ Riverbed
mmichon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 20:03:13 CEST 2013
Hey Bay Piggies,
I'm the Sr. Director of Analytics for Riverbed Technology. Riverbed is a downtown SF-based company that builds Linux-based network appliances that accelerate lots of big companies' internal networks.
We're working on a cloud-based analytics platform for live data coming from the hundreds of thousands of our products in the world. It's a big project that's sure to have some fun scale challenges. The team (there are 3 of us, and we've all been at Riverbed since the startup days) is small and agile, while the surrounding company is growing stably.
We'll be using lots of python to implement RESTful services and we'll develop the full stack from browser to data store. It'd be cool if you or your referral had knowledge of various distributed store and computing platforms like those below, because we'll be evaluating them in the design process. The new analytics platform is a big deal for us and we're going to invest in it heavily. The opportunity, and what we're building, has much potential for growth.
Below is the full job description. Please email mmichon at riverbed.com if you or someone you know is interested. Thanks!
Lead Software Engineer – Analytics
Full-time – San Francisco, CA
Riverbed products are at the heart of the world’s largest networks. Riverbed is looking for a smart and motivated lead software developer to design and implement a new product diagnostics and big data analytics platform for our entire product suite.
• Design, develop, and maintain a new ecosystem of product diagnostics and analytics tools and infrastructure.
• Document and track your work and lead code and design reviews.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and five years of software development experience; or
• Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and three years of software development experience.
• Experience leveraging distributed computing and storage frameworks such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Riak.
• Experience developing RESTful APIs.
• Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, and SQS.
• Experience practicing Agile software development methodologies.
• Experience evaluating FOSS (free and open source) projects.
• Experience leading software development teams.
• Experience working with stakeholders across a large organization.
• Familiarity with UNIX-based operating systems and tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent logical debugging ability.
• Can approach complex problem solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Experience building product analytics platforms using distributed computing and storage projects.
• Experience using Pivotal Tracker.
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company near CalTrain, Muni, and BART. In Sunnyvale, we are close to CalTrain (via Mary Moffett Shuttle). We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.
More information about the Baypiggies