[Baypiggies] Baypiggies topic suggestions

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 23:32:30 CEST 2013

Hello Everyone,

We've have several great suggestions for topics for upcoming Baypiggies
presentations.

1. Hackathon / newbies night (need people to volunteer to be an instructor)
2. Python- best practices (we need 1 or more volunteers for this)
3. Using PIL (one person volunteered to give a presentation on PIL. Please
email me off-list)

Would anyone be interested in participating in the Hackathon- as an
instructor? (Instructors will need to bring their laptop)
I  will be taking votes for topics to teach in an email following this one.

Given that the room we were in last week has enough room for about ~30
people,
I'm thinking we should limit ourselves to 5-10 topics.

Without an overhead projector for each topic group, it will be difficult
for 1 instructor to work with more than 2-3 students.
Trying to squeeze around a small laptop screen with too many people just
isn't practical.

For those of you who have participated in the North Bay Hackathons, please
chime in with suggestions.

Thanks