[Baypiggies] request for opinions re python-web server-database

jim jim at systemateka.com
Sat Apr 12 21:03:55 CEST 2014

[rudimentary questions]

     I have a client for whom I'm cooking up the following:
* on a dedicated computer with no LAN connection
* some (hopefully) lean web server with a set of web
   pages that get data from the user and to a local
   database and another set of web pages used to get
   data and format reports, both using javascript to
   get and present data
* some python module(s) that interface between the
   (lean) web server and the database
* some (hopefully simple but bulletproof) database
   management system, (again, hopefully) not mysql
   and postgresql is okay though I hope for something
   simpler. Data is primarily strings and integers. The
   need could be satisfied with a set of flat files (plain
   text ASCII) colon-delimited or some such, but I hope
   not to reinvent too many wheels.

     Go opinions on a good, lean web server and a
compatible python module and rdbms system?
     Or an alternative approach (it'd be fine with me if I
can do everything by typing in some Python files, tho'
Django is a learning curve that I hope to avoid for
this project).

Hopefully, with thanks,
jim