[Baypiggies] request for opinions re python-web server-database

Monte Davidoff davidoff56 at alluvialsw.com
Sat Apr 12 21:52:24 CEST 2014

Hi Jim,

I suggest considering the following:

Web server: something that supports WSGI, such as tornado or Apache with
mod_wsgi.

Web app: Flask (easy to get started, lower learning curve than Django).

Database: sqlite. You can access it though sqlite3 module in the
standard library. If you prefer a higher-level interface, look at
SQLAlchemy with the sqlite backend.

Monte