[Baypiggies] Software Tools Engineer - Data Center

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 21:50:34 CEST 2014

Hey,

I have a buddy on the Data Center team at Twitter. We're looking for a
Python programmer for his team.

*Software Tools Engineer - Data Center* *Twitter, Inc.*
San Francisco, CA, United States
Full-Time

*Software Tools Engineer - Data Center*

Twitter is looking for experienced tools and automation engineers to join
our Data Center Engineering Tools Team.  You have experience designing and
implementing tools to visualize and automate processes.  You enjoy complex
automation challenges and building tools from start to finish.

*Responsibilities:  *

Work closely with management, product owners, and other developers to
develop product vision and requirements

Define interaction models, user task flows, wireframes, and design/UI
specifications

Design and develop tools to automate workflows as well as access, process,
and visualize data.

Create and manage automation project schedules with the team.

Build Design and Training Documentation required for each automation
project.

Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about
potential tool improvements.

*Requirements:*

Expert web client development

Comfortable in Python

Experience with Restful Web Services and client APIs

Experience designing schema for relational or key/value databases

6+ years experience in software engineering

BS/MS in CompScience and/or equivalent related experience

*Soft Skills  *

Excellent written/communication skills, and the ability to work effectively
across multiple teams.

A strong work ethic, the ability to keep complex tasks organized, and an
amazing attention to detail.

Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.

*Bonus:*

Use of or commits to open source projects.

Linux System Administration experience

Knowledge of datacenter operations

Active user of Twitter.

Here's the link to the Jobvite:
https://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?b=n7fVOnwX&j=oh9eZfwn

If you're interested in applying, send me your resume. I've successfully
referred at least 3 people so far.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with
great love. -- Mother Teresa