[Baypiggies] Help with starting new processes- updated

Nathan Pease n8pease at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 05:38:12 CEST 2014

Can you pickle the queue?
You might be able to pass the pickled queue on the command line to your subprocess command (I think you’d use StringIO to get a string from the Pickle, right?).
Or, you could write the pickled queue to a file and the subprocess could unpickle the file. It should be easy if you can write the file to an expected location+name, or pass the file name on the command line.
Another thought is you could use RPyC to send the queue to the subprocess after it has been launched. That might be more bring up than it’s worth tho…

good luck!
nate