[Baypiggies] Bay Area python competitive programming

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Dec 16 18:11:06 CET 2014

Apparently, there is something called "competitive programming." I always watched MasterChef cooking style shows and imagined a similar experience in programming.

But, since competitive programming apparently already exists, I was not the first to have this idea.

Has there ever been a local competitive event (in any language?) Has there ever been a Python event?

I'm super interested in an environment where people can use the experience to grow and develop. Conversely, I'm not interested in the chest beating ego maniacs... They aren't that hard to find in the wild :)

If I can go to a few Competitive Program events to see what they are like, I would happily host one for Junior Programmers just learning Python.

Any experiences or resources out there for the Bay Area?

Glen